Monday, April 27, 2009

Check her out.

In my never ending search for new artists on the internet (i get bored with mainstream sometimes), I don't know how or why I came across this artist Jana Mashonee. I started listening to her music and her voice is utterly and completely captivating. I began stalking her on the internet trying to find out more about her and her inspiration for her lyrics. In her newest album New Moon Born, Jana provided all the vocals, played the piano, wrote and co-produced her album. This girl is very talented and I'm not talking about Miley Cyrus/Jonas Brothers. She has the soul of Mary J Blige with the range of Christina Aguilera. She is very passionate when she is belting out every note. She is a part of the Lumbee tribe and is working on more albums to come. I'm very excited about listening to her new songs and continuing to follow her career in music.

[ps]--I just read that she is making an extremely unique album containing ten traditional Christmas songs, all sung in a different Native tongue. Where does her talent end?

http://www.myspace.com/janamashonee

1 comment:

  1. So I gave it a listen. I'm pretty open to most styles of music except 98% of the mainstream crap on MTV. The piano and background music was pretty good. I'm more into the complexities of progressive metal and plenty of other rock, but I enjoyed it. Her voice is so beautiful. I'd like to hear more.

    ReplyDelete