Monday, April 27, 2009

False Advertising

I was searching around the internet looking up the new jewelry fashion trends and I decided to look at Native American jewelry styles. I found a lot of results with all different kinds of descriptions, colors, and discounts. But I found myself laughing when I was looking over some of the sites. Most of the sites, the jewelry was made completely of metal and different colored stones that had been "processed colors". This is most defiantly not jewelry made by Native Americans. Besides that, these were chain stores that had no authenticity or Native American tribe attached to their website. It was really ridiculous that this type of false advertising was displayed on the internet to give the buyers false believing that they are buying authentic pieces. I think from what knowledge and little insight into this culture had been seen by me, these websites are complete phonies and shouldn't be able to advertise such lies.

No comments:

Post a Comment