Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Some things about Thomas King

The last book I have to read for Native American Literatures and Culture is The Truth About Stories by Thomas King. Right away, I was hooked. I feel like he has written his book in a different form than what I've ever read before. Therefore, I thought, b/c I liked the different way of writing, I should find out more about him. So I wikipedia-d him. A few fun facts about Thomas King, he is a novelist and politician, he is a dual citizen of America and Canada, and his birthday is this Friday April 24th . He is a very active First Nations Activist and he has been writing books since 1987. But not only is he Cherokee but he's mixed with Greek descendency. If you would like to see a picture, I am attaching the wikipedia website here.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Thomas_King

No comments:

Post a Comment